Sofdesk – Who we are
Sofdesk is a fast-growing start-up that focuses on renewable energy and succeed by bringing out the best in its people. You’ll be part of a supportive, inclusive team that shares common values, including a fundamental respect for each other. Our values promote collaboration, innovation, diversity and the desire to go beyond expectations. We hire people from around the globe only to bring the best of every corner of the earth right here, at Sofdesk.
Working at Sofdesk means being part of a dynamic and ambitious team that evolves every day. We focus on self-improvement. There is always room to bring new ideas.
- For our family culture where collaboration and respect are key;
- For the growth opportunities inhouse, our priority is on personal and professional development;
- For the space that we give to your ideas;
- For our flexible schedule, our competitive salary and comprehensive benefits;
- For our participation to your retirement funds;
- For 50% off of your monthly bus pass;
- For our inviting environment: bright office, friendly fellow workers, monthly team building activities, Friday happy hour, popcorn, fruit and fresh coffee, foosball and PS4… come see for yourself!
Why we need you?
We’re looking to grow our applied research team with a Python Developer who has a sense of initiative to help the team bringing their prototypes to a level of performance where they can be released in production. You will be part of a small team and work on a variety of tasks while following software development good practices in terms of readability, efficiency, modularity, testing, and scalability, in an Agile environment.
What you'll be doing as a Python Developer
- Build visualization tools
- Build processing tools that can efficiently handling large volumes of data
- Maintain part of our code base
- Be responsible for the upgrade of our libraries and tools when necessary
- Creating Docker images, API services
- Help the team with tests implementation
- Design, update, and maintain databases
- Optimizing our pipelines (parallelization, debugging)
- Participate in code reviews
- Participate in the planning of the tasks working in an Agile team
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of experience in developing Python software
- Strong ability to deliver well written code in Python 3
- Knowledge of data visualization libraries such as Matplotlib and plotly
- Knowledge of test libraries in Python such as pytest
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and related Python library psycog2, sqlAlchemy
- Knowledge of Git and continuous integration tools (e.g., CircleCI)
- Knowledge of cloud services (AWS or similar)
- Ability to work in a small and very collaborative team with a lot of autonomy
- Eagerness to learn new technologies
- Ability to clearly present your results and communicate in English (French a bonus) to the team.Bonus if you have
- Experience with Django/Flask/Node or any web framework
- Personal projects
Your application was submitted successfully.